Sale and District Agricultural Society Inc.
QF STUDENTS' FLOWERS
Open to students up to year 12 or non students 18 years and under. Individual entries only unless otherwise specified.
ENTRIES CLOSE: FRIDAY 3:00pm OCTOBER 18th 2019. Late entries will be accepted up to 3pm Thursday 24th October 2019, but at double the normal entry fee. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE TIMES INDICATED.
Entry Fee 50c
STEWARDS: J. Latham, J. Tulloch, V. Walker
EXHIBITS IN STUDENTS' FLOWERS MUST BE STAGED FOR JUDGING BY 9:00AM FRIDAY 1st NOVEMBER 2019. Stewards will be attendance from 8:00am on Friday and after 4pm on Saturday for collection of exhibits.
FLORAL SAUCER (Sections 401 & 402): A saucer covered with flowers & foliage to form a pattern. Should be slightly domed with a border of leaves or petals. Wet sand or similar can be used to hold the plant material in place.
MINIATURE GARDENS (Sections 407 & 408): Approximate size 35 x 30cm.
See also General Rules below.
SECTION PRIZES: Ribbons for 1st, 2nd , 3rd. First place $4, Second $3, Third $1:
FIRST PLACE PRIZE MONEY donated by PANTAC PROTECTIVE SERVICES
SECOND AND THIRD PLACE PRIZE MONEY provided by CLINT KELLY EXCAVATIONS
BEST EXHIBIT $10 Prize donated by SALE BRANCH C.W.A.
MOST CREATIVE EXHIBIT $5 Prize donated by SALE BRANCH C.W.A.
• In all sections, exhibits that have taken first prize at any previous Sale Show are not eligible to compete.
• A novice is a person who has never won a first prize in that particular class at a Sale Agricultural Show.
• All entries must be the work of the exhibitor.
• The exhibitor’s name must not appear on the exhibit in such a way that it will be visible to the judge.
• Champion awards will not be given if exhibits are not to standard.
• No exhibit may be more than two years old.
CLAIMING EXHIBITS AND PRIZE MONEY:
Exhibitors MUST produce their computer printout when claiming exhibits and prize money in the Exhibition Pavilions.
Exhibition Pavilions will close at 3.30pm on Saturday and will re-open between 4.00 pm & 5.00 pm Saturday to exhibitors only for return of exhibits.