Sale and District Agricultural Society Inc.
QA STUDENTS' ART
Open to students up to year 12 or non students 18 years and under. Individual entries only unless otherwise specified.
ENTRIES CLOSE: FRIDAY 3:00pm OCTOBER 18th 2019. Late entries will be accepted up to 3pm Thursday 24th October 2019, but at double the normal entry fee. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE TIMES INDICATED.
Entry Fee 50c
STEWARDS: V. Pederson, S. Dessmann, M. Wrigglesworth, J. Camm, D. Wrigglesworth, B. Stone, J. McCubbin, H. Fairweather, L. McMillan
EXHIBITS IN ART TO BE DELIVERED TO THE PAVILION BETWEEN 3:30 AND 4.00PM, WEDNESDAY 30th OCTOBER 2019.
All articles to have SECTION NO. & EXHIBIT NO. ON FRONT, School and Student's name on BACK OF ENTRY. (Exhibitor’s name must not be visible on front.)
ONLY ONE ENTRY PER STUDENT IN EACH SECTION IN ART.
PRIMARY SCHOOL ART: MAX SIZE 32CM X 42 CM. OVERSIZED ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
NO ENTRIES IN PRIMARY SECTIONS TO BE FRAMED.
Requirements for Sections 121, 122 & 123, HANDWRITTEN ENVELOPE, SIZE 22cm X 11cm. Can be ruled.
Sale & District Agricultural Society
P.O. Box 391
SALE, VIC 3850
School and Student's name to be written on the BOTTOM of the back of the envelope.
SECONDARY SCHOOL ART: FRAMED AND MOUNTED PICTURES MUST HAVE MEANS OF HANGING
See also General Rules below.
First prize rosettes in Primary School sections. Ribbons for 2nd & 3rd places, kindly donated by ELVA'S HAIRDRESSING
First prize rosettes for Secondary School sections kindly donated by CECE KINGWILL.
$5 first prize for sections 101-123 inclusive, donated by
- SALE 545 PRIMARY SCHOOL PARENTS & FRIENDS CLUB,
- ARALUEN PRIMARY SCHOOL PARENTS CLUB,
- LONGFORD PRIMARY SCHOOL PARENTS CLUB,
- ST. MARY’S PRIMARY SCHOOL P & F ASSOCIATION,
- GUTHRIDGE PRIMARY SCHOOL PARENTS CLUB.
MOST IMAGINATIVE ENTRY IN COLLAGE (Primary): Prize donated by COLLINS BOOKSELLERS, SALE
MOST PROMISING SECONDARY STUDENT ARTWORK: $10 donated by SALE COLLEGE SCHOOL COUNCIL
MOST OUTSTANDING ARTWORK YEARS 7, 8 and 9: $15 donated by SALE COLLEGE SCHOOL COUNCIL
MOST OUTSTANDING ARTWORK, YEARS 10, 11 and 12: $15 donated by SALE COLLEGE SCHOOL COUNCIL
YEARS 5 & 6, $25 ENCOURAGEMENT AWARDS DONATED BY ST THOMAS PARENTS & FRIENDS'
• In all sections, exhibits that have taken first prize at any previous Sale Show are not eligible to compete.
• A novice is a person who has never won a first prize in that particular class at a Sale Agricultural Show.
• All entries must be the work of the exhibitor.
• The exhibitor’s name must not appear on the exhibit in such a way that it will be visible to the judge.
• Champion awards will not be given if exhibits are not to standard.
• No exhibit may be more than two years old.
CLAIMING EXHIBITS AND PRIZE MONEY:
Exhibitors MUST produce their computer printout when claiming exhibits and prize money in the Exhibition Pavilions.
Exhibition Pavilions will close at 3.30pm on Saturday and will re-open between 4.00 pm & 5.00 pm Saturday to exhibitors only for return of exhibits.