Sale and District Agricultural Society Inc.
ENTRIES CLOSE: FRIDAY 3:00pm OCTOBER 18th 2019. Late entries will be accepted up to 3pm Thursday 24th October 2019, but at double the normal entry fee. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE TIMES INDICATED.
ALL EXHIBITS IN THIS CLASS TO BE IN THE PAVILION BETWEEN 8:00 & 10:00 AM ON THURSDAY 31ST OCTOBER 2019 FOR JUDGING. Deliver through Gate 7 in Dawson St.
Stewards: T. Johns, M. Everson
Entry fee: $1.00, Students 50 cents
Ribbons for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
SPECIAL PRIZES: $25 voucher for Best Professional and Trophies for Best Hobbyist, Best Novice, Best Junior, Best Senior Citizen and Best Disabled donated by GOLDPAN HOBBY CERAMICS
- Novice exhibitor is one who has started ceramics for the first time in 2018.
- Professional exhibitor is one who owns a studio or is actively teaching or selling finished goods.
- Exhibits to have all types of signatures covered.
- Exhibits which are cracked, chipped, have rough glaze on base, or raw bisque showing will be disqualified.
- No gluing allowed, except for music boxes and carousels.
- Exhibits must be able to be completely examined by the Judges or they may be disqualified, except for weighted pieces, bookends, tile mosaic pieces, etc. which are secured to a background.
- Entries must be at least 75% ceramic.
- All care will be taken with exhibits, but the responsibility for insurance rests with each exhibitor.
NO EXHIBITOR ALLOWED MORE THAN 2 ENTRIES IN EACH SECTION
Also see General Rules below.
CLAIMING EXHIBITS AND PRIZE MONEY:
Exhibitors MUST produce their computer printout when claiming exhibits and prize money in the Exhibition Pavilions.
Exhibition Pavilions will close at 3.30pm on Saturday and will re-open between 4.00 pm & 5.00 pm Saturday to exhibitors only for return of exhibits.
• In all sections, exhibits that have taken first prize at any previous Sale Show are not eligible to compete.
• A novice is a person who has never won a first prize in that particular class at a Sale Agricultural Show.
• All entries must be the work of the exhibitor.
• The exhibitor’s name must not appear on the exhibit in such a way that it will be visible to the judge.
• Champion awards will not be given if exhibits are not to standard.
• No exhibit may be more than two years old.
EXHIBITION PAVILIONS AGGREGATE LOCAL WINNER: Special prize donated by the Gippsland Times, second prize donated by B & J Nicholls & family. Competitors must win a prize in more than one Class to be eligible.