Sale and District Agricultural Society Inc.
ENTRIES CLOSE: FRIDAY 3:00pm OCTOBER 18th 2019. Late entries will be accepted up to 3pm Thursday 24th October 2019, but at double the normal entry fee. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE TIMES INDICATED.
ALL EXHIBITS IN THIS CLASS TO BE IN THE PAVILION BETWEEN 7:30 & 9:00 AM SHARP ON FRIDAY 1st NOVEMBER 2019 FOR JUDGING. Deliver through Gate 7 in Dawson St.
Stewards: V. Kewish, J. Fulford, C. Walker, J. Scott.
Entry fee: $1.00
Prizes: Unless otherwise stated First $3, second $2
VAS COMPETITIONS (Sections 6 and 36 in Class M): Please visit 'SCHEDULE' on our website www.saleshow.com.au or contact our office to obtain VAS rules and recipes.
ENTRIES TO BE PLACED ON PAPER/PLASTIC PLATES OR CAKE BOARDS - TO BE SUPPLIED BY EXHIBITOR - MUST SUIT SIZE OF ENTRY.
ALL CAKES TO BE UNICED UNLESS STIPULATED.
EXHIBITORS ALLOWED UP TO TWO ENTRIES PER SECTION.
CRITERIA FOR HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CAKE Section 35 (1st $50; 2nd $25; 3rd $15: Sponsored by “Movement Hub”):
“Loaded with Taste – not with sugar and refined fats”
- No Sugar or Margarine – (butter is OK).
- No artificial sweeteners.
- Must use one portion of non-grain flour, eg: Almond Meal.
- Must use fresh or frozen fruit and/or vegetables.
- Must be baked.
- Must be able to be cut without falling apart.
- Must look appetising –consider presentation.
- Can be own or tested recipe.
- Recipe must be supplied.
- Consider ingredients that are low in carbohydrates, unrefined, high in fibre and have a high nutrient value.
- Consider a traditional favourite and give it a healthy twist.
Also see General Rules below.
CHAMPION EXHIBIT, CLASS M- $100 generously donated by PANTAC PROTECTIVE SERVICES. Sash
HIGHEST AGGREGATE POINTS: Sash. Trophy donated by GIPPSLAND TROPHY HOUSE SALE
CLAIMING EXHIBITS AND PRIZE MONEY:
Exhibitors MUST produce their computer printout when claiming exhibits and prize money in the Exhibition Pavilions.
Exhibition Pavilions will close at 3.30pm on Saturday and will re-open between 4.00 pm & 5.00 pm Saturday to exhibitors only for return of exhibits.
• In all sections, exhibits that have taken first prize at any previous Sale Show are not eligible to compete.
• A novice is a person who has never won a first prize in that particular class at a Sale Agricultural Show.
• All entries must be the work of the exhibitor.
• The exhibitor’s name must not appear on the exhibit in such a way that it will be visible to the judge.
• Champion awards will not be given if exhibits are not to standard.
• No exhibit may be more than two years old.
EXHIBITION PAVILIONS AGGREGATE LOCAL WINNER: Special prize donated by the Gippsland Times, second prize donated by B & J Nicholls & family. Competitors must win a prize in more than one Class to be eligible.
JOAN LAWS MEMORIAL AWARD
A medallion will be awarded at the 2019 Sale Show for the exhibitor with the highest aggregate points from any combination of the Cookery, Handicraft and Needlework classes.
The winner of the medallion will then be eligible to win the overall award at the Gippsland Group Finals held at Duart, Maffra in May 2020.