Sale and District Agricultural Society Inc.
H FLORAL ART
STAGED IN THE HENEBERY PAVILION.
EXHIBITS IN THIS CLASS MUST BE STAGED FOR JUDGING BY 9.00 AM, FRIDAY 1st NOVEMBER 2019. Deliver through Gate 7 in Dawson St.
Entry Fee: $1
ENTRIES CLOSE: FRIDAY 3:00pm OCTOBER 18th 2019. Late entries will be accepted up to 3pm Thursday 24th October 2019, but at double the normal entry fee. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE TIMES INDICATED.
Stewards: Janet Glanville, Barbara Harper, D. Krusic
Judge: Jenny Peiper (V.F.A.A.) Judging will commence at 9:30am
The Floral Art sections will be judged in accordance with the Manual of the Australian Floral Art Assoc Inc. Exhibits must be the individual’s own work. Plant material need not have been grown by the Exhibitor. No artificial plant material may be used. Fresh plant material, other than in wired work, must be in water or water retaining material unless it remains turgid for the period of the Show. Floor space allowed 120cm diameter, circular base provided. Height optional. Viewed and judged from the front. Black backdrop.
Bench designs may be viewed all around but judged from the front.
Space allowed 60 cm. Height unlimited.
See also: General Rules below.
SPECIAL BLUE RIBBON EVENT 1st Prize Sash & $125, 2nd Prize $75. "Yesteryear" Celebrating 160 years - Sale Agricultural Show. Proudly supported by Clint Kelly Excavations
THE MOST OUTSTANDING ARRANGEMENT $100 donated by Tamika Scott. The Catherine Wisely Perpetual Trophy & sash.
- Open - $200.00 & perpetual trophy. Prize money donated by Australian Wildflower Co. Longford & Lake View Natives Longford
- Intermediate - $60.00 & perpetual trophy. Prize money donated by Sale Floral Art Group.
- Novice $55.00, Brenda Hedges Memorial trophy & prize donated by Sale Floral Art Group. Prize money donated by Arrangements With Flair
BEST EXHIBIT in FLORAL ART- Sash & perpetual trophy. $200 donated by Joyce Adams Memorial Trust.
BEST EXHIBIT OF CREATIVE FLORAL ART $100 donated by Events By Kelly. The Carrie Fox Memorial trophy & sash
CLAIMING EXHIBITS AND PRIZE MONEY:
Exhibitors MUST produce their computer printout when claiming exhibits and prize money in the Exhibition Pavilions.
Exhibition Pavilions will close at 3.30pm on Saturday and will re-open between 4.00 pm & 5.00 pm Saturday to exhibitors only for return of exhibits.
- In all sections, exhibits that have taken first prize at any previous Sale Show are not eligible to compete.
- A novice is a person who has never won a first prize in that particular class at a Sale Agricultural Show.
- All entries must be the work of the exhibitor.
- The exhibitor’s name must not appear on the exhibit in such a way that it will be visible to the judge.
- Champion awards will not be given if exhibits are not to standard.
- No exhibit may be more than two years old.
EXHIBITION PAVILIONS AGGREGATE LOCAL WINNER: Special prize donated by The Gippsland Times, second prize donated by B & J Nicholls & family. Competitors must win a prize in more than one Class to be eligible.